[MEI-L] Figured Bass in MEI

Johannes Kepper kepper at edirom.de
Mon Nov 15 11:28:06 CET 2010

Dear all,

although it took us longer than expected, we have finally finished our proposal for a (hopefully) improved encoding of figured bass in MEI. We don't provide a technical schema, but instead offer a couple of examples that might help to slice the problem down. We hope that this paper will start an intense discussion that might pave the way for some changes in the next release of MEI – maybe even a new module!?!

We're looking forward to lots of comments and suggestions for improvement,
Maja and Johannes

Dateiname   : proposalFiguredBass.pdf
Dateityp    : application/pdf
Dateigr??e  : 406055 bytes