[MEI-L] source-type metadata

Benjamin Wolff Bohl bohl at edirom.de
Wed Sep 15 11:25:07 CEST 2010

Hi Mei-List(eners)!

I got a question concerning the location of some metadata I would like to put into an MEI-file.
I just don't know where I should put it.

I would like to store a type on a source element I have, specifying whether it is a print or an autograph, maybe even more like a copyists copy or an edition.

So in my code I have the following:

<sourcedesc>
                <source xml:id="source_3c94e494-bc7e-4233-a27d-17671fc8d933">
                    <titlestmt>
                        <title>Londoner Abschrift</title>
                    </titlestmt>
                   <pubstmt>
                        <date reg="2010">2010</date>
                       <identifier type="siglum">K2</identifier>
                    </pubstmt>

Now I wondering whether the right place of such data would be an editionstmt or maybe the physdesc, which could contain even more detailed data concerning the creation of the source? (see below)

                    <physdesc>
                        <physmedium n="type">
                        <physmedium n="support"></physmedium>
                        <physmedium n="content"></physmedium>
                        <physloc/>
                    </physdesc>
                </source>
            </sourcedesc>

O would it be best/easiest to have @type on source? (which currently is not possible)

Cheers,

Benjamin

Projekt "Digitale Musikedition"
Musikwissenschaftliches Seminar Detmold/Paderborn
Gartenstraße 20
D – 32756 Detmold

Tel. +49 (0) 5231 / 975-665
Fax: +49 (0) 5231 / 975-668