[MEI-L] mdiv and sources

Raffaele Viglianti raffaeleviglianti at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 15:40:30 CET 2009

Hello Johannes,

I've never came across a problem like this, but I would think that there
could be projects that deal with theatrical texts that might have come out
with a solution for this in TEI.
I personally think that all the source metadata should be in the header, so
I like your last idea better.

This chapter of the TEI guidelines about linking and segmentation could be
useful (if you haven't already looked at it).
http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/SA.html

I am thinking that an element like linkGrp (
http://www.tei-c.org/release/doc/tei-p5-doc/en/html/ref-linkGrp.html) might
be helpful to structure the divs in different orders according to the
source, and the presence or the absence of a link/@target determines wether
a certan (m)div was present or not in that source.

Best,
Raffaele