[MEI-L] form & function

Joachim Veit veit at weber-gesamtausgabe.de
Fri Mar 6 21:17:09 CET 2009

Hi all,
concerning Perry's name "musicClass", Joachim (who is at the last back
end of your discussions at the moment) likes it very much! The great
advantage is the possibility to define a special classCode and you may
do this in general "standard" terms and with special "project" terms at
the same time! Is this not the thing you intended, Johannes?
Concerning the <msDesc> which does not really include printed stuff - if
you change that to <sourceDesc> the problem vanishes?? But the keyword
section of <musicClass> seems to me the more fitting place for your
intentions. So we have "only" the problem of finding adequate and
broadly acceptable terms for "form", "function" etc.... (?)
Sneezing and coughing greetings,
Joachim