[mei-catalog-ig] Persistent identifier for digital music editions

Norbert Dubowy Internationale Stiftung Mozarteum dubowy at mozarteum.at
Thu Nov 15 10:17:59 CET 2018

Dear metadata and cataloging IG,
As we are close to publishing our first set of digital editions, I
would like to hear your opinion on the following subject: Does it make
sense to provide a persistent identifier with the edition (in the
individual file / MEI header)? What is the benefit, and is there any
preference of what kind of identifier (DOI, or urn, or ...) to use in
the case of a strictly digital music edition (no hybrid edition, not
the rendering, just the coding)?

Thanks,
N.

Dr. Norbert Dubowy