[MEI-L] About listing 128 in MEI Guidelines 5.0

Guille Martín Hidalgo martinguillermo719 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 12:54:48 CET 2024

Hi to all the community! I'm delighted to have joined you all.

I'm starting to read and study the guidelines, and I think something seems
odd in listing 128. I'm not sure if it's me not understanding how it works.

Firstly, the numbering scheme of the measures seems disorganized to me (the
first measure is labeled as "1," the second as "4," then after the three
rest measures, the next one is labeled as "5"...). Secondly, regarding the
accidentals in the first chord, why is C flat? And finally, why is it
possible to hold a whole chord in the third measure within a "cut" measure
bar?

Thanks and kind regards,

Guillermo M