[asv-vorstand] Urgent Issues Regarding Rental Contract and Nebenkost Charges

Hafiz Abdul Mannan mannan17 at mail.uni-paderborn.de
Wed Mar 20 15:00:20 CET 2024

Hello Michele,

I am forwarding an email from Studierendenwerk Paderborn to you. I am writing to bring two pressing issues to your attention that require immediate resolution.

Firstly, as per my rental contract, the tenancy for my current apartment is scheduled to end on March 31st. However, Studierendenwerk Paderborn has requested that all tenants vacate the premises three days earlier, by March 28th. While I have arranged for accommodation starting from April 1st, I am deeply concerned about where I will stay during these three days, especially considering that I have already paid rent for the entire month. Attached is a copy of my rental contract for your reference.

Secondly, I am troubled by the Nebenkost charges imposed by Studierendenwerk Paderborn. Despite no mention of utility limitations in the contract I signed, I have been consistently billed for Nebenkost since before 2023. In 2021 alone, I received a Nebenkost bill totaling approximately 792 euros, which came as a surprise to me as I was not informed of these additional costs beforehand. It is worth noting that as residents of student dormitories, we expect accommodation costs to be reasonable, particularly when compared to similar facilities in larger cities such as Cologne, Duisburg, and Soest.

Therefore, I kindly request your intervention in addressing these concerns. Specifically, I urge you to advocate on behalf of the students to rectify the situation regarding the early termination of the rental contract and to seek reimbursement for the excessive Nebenkost charges that have been imposed without prior agreement. Attached to this email, you will find copies of the Nebenkost bills and my original rental contract, which do not indicate any utility usage limitations.

I appreciate your prompt attention to these matters and look forward to your assistance in resolving them swiftly.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Hafiz Abdul Mannan