[mei-neumes-ig] Report on the neumes-ig online meeting

Ichiro Fujinaga, Prof. ichiro.fujinaga at mcgill.ca
Thu Oct 29 15:43:48 CET 2020

Dear Group,

Good news!
We can now encode “division” (a.k.a. “divisio” and “divisione”) in MEI.
Although we decided in our IG meeting last May to use the term “division” (see below), for various reasons, the element name in MEI is <divLine>.
For those interested in the discussion see: https://github.com/music-encoding/music-encoding/pull/618

The possible attribute values for this element are @form= {“caesura” | “finalis” | “maior” | “maxima” | “minima” | “virgula"}

Thank you for your patience.

Ichiro