[mei-neumes-ig] MEI Neumes Module Draft, Version 0.2

Thomas Weber thomas.weber at notengrafik.com
Mon Sep 11 17:12:57 CEST 2017

Hi Ich and all,

thanks so much for your draft and the recent example.  For the past conference, Elaine and me tried to structure our thoughts on the neumes module and zoom out a little.  It really helped to discuss this at the conference (thanks especially to Inga!) and we had a lot to discuss afterwards.

As a result of the discussion, we (Elaine and me) are in the process of preparing a table of concrete encoding suggestions for different signs.  Our goal for this is to improve the logical domain encoding, especially with regard to adiastematic notation and the cleaner separation of logical and visual domain, always keeping in mind the attributes suggested in the latest draft.

I might not have much time to make progress on the table before Wednesday, but I thought I'd let you know there's something coming.

Best
Thomas

Am 07.09.2017 um 14:57 schrieb Ichiro Fujinaga, Prof.:
> Here’s what I have for the draft of the proposal for the new MEI Neumes Module schema.
> I’ve arbitrarily named it Version 0.2, so that we can refer back to it.
>
> For ease of discussion and efficiency, please discuss one issue at a time in separate email threads, e.g., Re: @oriscus.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ichiro
>
> ==============================
> MEI Neumes Module Draft, Version 0.2
>
> A <neume> element consists of one or more <nc> element(s).
>
> A <nc> (neume component) is a single pitched event, although the exact pitch may not be known.
>
> Attributes for <neume>:
> @intm (interval melodic; relative to the previous <neume>) {u|d|s|n|sh|sl} (u = up/high, d = down/low, s = same, n = neutral/unknown, sh = same or higher (but not lower), sl = same or lower (but not higher))
> @significative letters
> @hispanicTick (type1, type2)
> @hook
>
> Attributes for <nc>: