[MEI-L] Digital Libraries for Musicology '22 -- Call for Papers

Dave Baker d.j.baker at uva.nl
Mon Feb 7 21:56:13 CET 2022

CFP: 9th International Conference on Digital Libraries for Musicology (In Association with IAML 2022), July 28-29, 2022, Prague

CALL FOR PAPERS AND POSTERS

DLfM welcomes contributions related to any aspect of digital libraries and musicology, including topics related to musical archiving and retrieval, cataloguing and classification, musical databases, special collections, music encodings and representations, computational musicology, or music information retrieval (MIR).

The conference this year will welcome papers related to the 'FAIR principles' in Digital Libraries for Musicology and covering topics associated to making data - but also tools and services - findable, accessible, interoperable and reusable. In a world where technologies rapidly multiply, and where user needs and expectations as well as digital risks change extremely quickly, we consider these principles to be essential in the development of digital libraries tailored to musicology research. What tools, practices, or perspectives can help us navigate these constantly fluctuating needs and technologies while still prioritizing accessibility and sustainability?

The conference strongly encourages papers and posters that address this year's theme, however, we welcome all papers addressing all traditional topics that fall under the scope of DLfM. Specific examples of topics traditionally covered at DLfM can be found at https://dlfm.web.ox.ac.uk.

Proceedings of the DLfM 2022 are expected to be published in ACM ICPS as an Open Access publication as in previous years. Like last year, we are fortunate that in 2022 we again will be able to offer authors an open access proceedings paper without passing on the cost to authors.

IMPORTANT DATES (AoE)

* Paper (full paper and short paper) submission deadline: Monday, March 21, 2022
* Notification of paper acceptance: Monday, May 9, 2022
* Poster submission deadline: Monday, May 23, 2022
* Camera-ready submission deadline (full and short papers): Monday, June 13, 2022
* Conference registration deadline: TBC
* Conference: Thursday-Friday, July 28-29, 2022, at the Municipal Library in Prague

SUBMISSIONS

Paper submissions

* Paper length: We invite full papers (up to 8 pages excluding references) or short papers (up to 4 pages excluding references).
* Submissions: work is submitted to DLfM via EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dlfm2022).
* Format: Submissions must be in English, formatted according to the appropriate ACM template (see template below), in PDF format, and A4 size. Authors will need to follow ACM's instructions for formatting carefully. Assistance will be provided from the proceedings chair.
* Templates: Authors must use either the LaTeX template (https://www.acm.org/binaries/content/assets/publications/consolidated-tex-template/acmart-primary.zip), the LaTeX + Overleaf template (https://www.overleaf.com/gallery/tagged/acm-official#.WOuOk2e1taQ) (use the ACM Conference Proceedings template), or the MS Word template https://www.acm.org/binaries/content/assets/publications/word_style/interim-template-style/interim-layout.docx. Historically, LaTeX versions have been easier to process into camera-ready versions. Therefore, we encourage all authors to use the LaTeX (or LaTeX + Overleaf) template if possible.
* Page limits for submitted papers apply to all text, excluding the bibliography (i.e., references can be included on pages over the specified limits).

Poster submissions

* Submission: The initial poster submission consists of an abstract which outlines both the scholarly content and broad details of the proposed layout in 500 words or fewer.
* Format: Posters will be formatted in A0 specifications. A template will be sent closer to the conference date to authors of accepted poster abstracts. All accepted posters will also be required to submit before the conference date a digital copy to be shared publicly on the conference web page.

Review and Ethics

Papers (long and short) will be double blind peer reviewed by 2-3 members of the programme committee. For accepted paper submissions, at least one author must register for the conference (as a presenter) by the conference registration deadline.

DLfM conforms to the usual conventions for publication ethics. For instance, we endeavour to provide an effective double blind reviewing process that is fair to all submissions, with reviews from experts in the subject area. In turn, we expect authors to ensure anonymity in the original submission as far as practically possible, (for instance by not uploading the submission to public website and/or removing any currently public unpublished preprints while it is under review) and that submissions to DLfM are not under active consideration by another conference of journal.

Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=dlfm2022
Contact email: dlfm2022 at easychair.org

CONTINGENCY

We recognize that even in July 2022, in-person conferencing may still not be possible given the constantly changing landscape of the pandemic, and that we may have to revert to an online-format once again.

We also recognize that the pandemic has affected people unevenly, and we will consider individual situations on a case-by-case basis. For now, please simply submit your work with the assumption that at least one author will present in person. We will endeavour to work out any issues later (for instance through a limited amount of hybrid participation where possible and absolutely necessary).

CONFERENCE ORGANISATION

Programme Chair
Laurent Pugin, RISM Digital Center / University of Bern

General Chair
Claire Arthur, Center for Music Technology, Georgia Tech

Proceedings and Publicity Chair
David John Baker, University of Amsterdam