[MEI-L] Survey on authority records for musical works in digital projects (NFDI4Culture)

Kristina Richts krichts at mail.uni-paderborn.de
Fri Apr 30 17:03:11 CEST 2021

Dear colleagues,

I would like to draw your attention to a survey, which deals with the
use of authority records for musical works in digital projects (see
forwarded mail below). It would be great if as many of you as possible
would participate in that survey so that my colleague Desiree Mayer can
get a comprehensive overview.

Many thanks in advance and best regards

Kristina

Dear colleagues,

in Germany various consortia for research data infrastructure recently
started their work, as you may perhaps have heard. Amongst them is
NFDI4Culture, which is responsible for the subjects of architecture, art
history, musicology, film, theater and media studies. As part of
NFDI4Culture, I now ask you to support us in our work by filling out the
following survey:

https://werknormdaten.limesurvey.net/856948?lang=en
<https://werknormdaten.limesurvey.net/856948?lang=en>

With this survey, we want to determine whether and how authority records
for musical works are used in digital musicological projects. At the
same time, we want to use it to query needs and gain user stories.

The results of this survey serve as a working basis for Task Area 2,
which takes care of standards, data quality and curation within
NFDI4Culture. Furthermore, the results will be presented as part of a
MiniCon at the GNDCon2.0.

The survey contains 13 questions and will be activated until May 10th,
2021. It takes approximately 15 minutes to fill it out and you may save
your answers and resume later with a button on the upper right side. If
you don’t want to submit your answers, please use the button „exist and
clear survey“, which is also on the upper right side.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me anytime.

We look forward to your active participation in the survey!

Best regards

Desiree Mayer

Dr. Desiree Mayer
NFDI4Culture

Sächsische Landesbibliothek - Staats- und Universitätsbibliothek Dresden
(SLUB)
Postadresse: 01054 Dresden
Besucheradresse: Zellescher Weg 18, 01069 Dresden

Tel.: +49 (0)351 4677751
E-Mail: desiree.mayer at slub-dresden.de
<mailto:desiree.mayer at slub-dresden.de>

--
Dr. Kristina Richts-Matthaei

NFDI4Culture – Culture Coordination Office
Universität Paderborn

Musikwissenschaftliches Seminar Detmold/Paderborn
Hornsche Straße 39
D-32756 Detmold

Tel.: +49 5231 975 665