[MEI-L] Seeking help with Audiveris engine/Tesseract

Max Poliakovski maximumspatium at googlemail.com
Sat Mar 21 17:41:59 CET 2020

Hi Anna,

well, on Mac you'll need to install everything manually. First of all,
download a couple of language files from
https://github.com/tesseract-ocr/tessdata

Please keep in mind that english language is required while all others are
optional. Let's assume you want to use English and German languages. Then
you need to download the following files:

eng.traineddata
deu.traineddata

Copy them in a directory of your choice and rename this directory to
"tessdata".

To run Audiveris, open your terminal and invoke the following commands:

export TESSDATA_PREFIX=/Users/Anna/path/to/tessdata/directory/ *<--- this
placeholder need to be set to the actual path!*
./gradlew run

When Audiveris window shows up, go to "Book/Set Book Parameters..." menu.
Now you should be able to select one or more languages in the OCR
language(s) section.

Please tell me how it goes.

Cheers
Max