[MEI-L] Reminder: CFP for Future Directions of Music Cognition conference due 12/15

Albrecht, Josh JALBREC6 at kent.edu
Tue Dec 3 22:54:22 CET 2019

Dear Colleagues,

We are pleased to announce that we will be publishing proceedings articles for the "Future Directions of Music Cognition" conference (May 10-14, 2020; Columbus, OH). As a reminder, abstract submissions close at 11:59 PM on December 15, 2019. Details about abstract submissions can be found on our website http://org.osu.edu/mascats/call-for-papers/<http://org.osu.edu/mascats/call-for-papers>.

Each day of the "Future Directions" conference will be devoted to one music & science topic: corpus studies, emotion, rhythm & meter, timbre, and pedagogy. During each day, there will be a keynote presentation, a methodology workshop, presentations & posters, and group projects.

The five keynote speakers are:

Emotion—Jonna Vuoskoski
Corpus Studies—Daniel Shanahan
Pedagogy—Leigh VanHandel
Rhythm & Meter—Justin London
Timbre—Stephen McAdams

All the best,

Lindsay Warrenburg, Conference Co-chair
Lindsey Reymore, Conference Co-chair
Daniel Shanahan, Conference Co-chair
Joshua Albrecht, Program Committee Chair