[MEI-L] Call for participation to the 2nd International Workshop on Music Reading Systems (WoRMS)

David Rizo Valero drizo at dlsi.ua.es
Mon Jun 24 19:17:53 CEST 2019

Dear colleagues,

It is our pleasure to announce the 2nd International Workshop on Music Reading Systems (WoRMS). It will take place on Thursday, the 2nd of November 2019, at the Delft University of Technology, as a satellite event to ISMIR 2019.

WoRMS is a new workshop that tries to connect researchers who develop music reading systems — especially from the field of optical music recognition, but also related topics such as score following, score searching, or information retrieval from written music — with researchers and practitioners that could benefit from such systems, like librarians or musicologists.

WoRMS will be organized as a half-day workshop and provides a good opportunity to share ideas, discuss current developments and shape the future of music reading systems. We would like for diverse points of view to engage, by explicitly inviting contributors without a technical background to participate as well.

We strive to make the workshop as interactive as possible, with participants getting the opportunity not just to present their work, but to discuss current research in depth and foster relationships within the community. Therefore, promising ideas, work-in-progress submissions and recently submitted or published works are equally welcome.

The topics of interest for the workshop include, but are not limited to:

Music reading systems
Optical music recognition
Datasets and performance evaluation
Image processing on music scores
Writer identification
Authoring, editing, storing and presentation systems for music scores
Multi-modal systems
Novel input-methods for music to produce written music
Web-based Music Information Retrieval services
Applications and projects
Use-cases related to written music

Important dates:

Submission Deadline Sep 13, 2019
Notification Due Sep 27, 2019
Workshop Nov 2, 2019

Please check the website https://sites.google.com/view/worms2019 <https://sites.google.com/view/worms2019> for further information.

Feel free to forward this e-mail to anyone who might be interested.

Best regards,

Jorge Calvo-Zaragoza

Alexander Pacha

Heinz Roggenkemper