[MEI-L] Results of the MEI Board Elections

Johannes Kepper kepper at edirom.de
Fri Dec 21 00:28:44 CET 2018

Dear MEI Community,

let me take this opportunity for some acknowledgements. First, I'd like to thank all candidates that stood for election. Having such a great slate of bright people comes at the price of excellent candidates being not elected – special thanks to Karen Desmond and Klaus Rettinghaus, knowing that both will contribute to MEI as much as possible anyway.
Next, I'd like to congratulate Elsa De Luca, Benjamin Bohl and Ichiro Fujinaga for being (re-)elected to the Board. The MEI community is changing noticeably, and we're all happy to have your voice in the Board in this situation.
Then, I'd like to thank Perry Roland for having served on the Board since it's establishment four years ago. I'm glad that Perry is just stepping down from the Board, but will continue his excellent work on the schemes time allows.

Finally, I'd like to thank you, the MEI community, for being so serious about the elections. I think it's fantastic to have close to one hundred people casting ballots and thus showing their interest in MEI. And of course, I'd like to thank Andrew and Peter for guiding us through this election.

Let me wish a few relaxing days to all of you, and a good start into 2019. Let me already invite you to a thrilling Music Encoding Conference in Vienna in late May. The new Board will meet virtually on Tuesday, January 15, at 7pm GMT. Further instructions will follow closer to the date.

All best,
jo