[MEI-L] Invitation to submit to MMRP19 workshop

Luca Andrea Ludovico luca.ludovico at unimi.it
Fri Nov 2 13:46:27 CET 2018

Dear MEI community members,

I am Luca A. Ludovico, from the Laboratory of Music Informatics, Department
of Computer Science, University of Milan.

I am one of the authors of the IEEE 1599 standard, an XML-based format for
the multi-layer representation of music information.

I was also in Mainz in 2013 at the MEC conference, where I presented a paper
titled "The Music Encoding Initiative and the IEEE 1599 Standard - Towards
an Integrated Description of Music Contents" focusing on possible
intersections of the two formats.

I'm sending this e-mail to announce that we are organizing a one-day
workshop in Milan, followed by the kickoff meeting to revise the IEEE 1599
standard.

We would be very pleased to receive contributions from MEI community
focusing on the multi-layer characteristics of the standard, and to have
someone from MEI in the new working group of IEEE 1599.

Please feel free to extend our invitation to other people potentially
interested.

Workshop proceedings will be published by IEEE CPS, made available on IEEE
Xplore and indexed by all major systems.

Below, the call for papers and participation that we are sending to sound
and music computing mailing lists.

I hope to see you in Milan.

Best regards.

Luca A. Ludovico

---

First International Workshop on Multilayer Music Representation and

Processing (MMRP19)

Department of Computer Science, University of Milan, 24-25 January 2019

http://mmrp19.di.unimi.it/

The MMRP Workshop is organized by the Laboratory of Music Informatics

(LIM), Dept. of Computer Science, University of Milan.

We are pleased to confirm that the workshop Proceedings will be

published by the IEEE Conference Publishing Services (IEEE CPS), will be

made available on IEEE Xplore, and will be included on major indexing

systems.

Updated information about paper submission and registration is now

available on the MMRP19 website.

The workshop is held in conjunction with the kick-off of the IEEE

Working Group (WG) for XML Musical Application. Ten years after the

release of the IEEE 1599 Standard for music representation, the WG will

work at updating and extending the standard to provide a multilayered

meta-representation of music information, achieving integration among

general (metadata), structural, notational, computer-driven performance,

and audio layers.

We are soliciting original submissions for oral and poster/demo

presentations examining all facets of the workshop theme. We welcome in

particular scientific contributions on novel approaches to bridge the

gap between different layers of music representation and generate

multilayer music contents, as well as related application domains. These

include (but are not limited to):

- Computational Musicology

- Intangible Cultural Heritage

- Machine Learning and Understanding of Music

- Multilayer representation models

- Music Libraries and Archives

- Music Signal Processing

- Music Training and Education

- Optical Music Recognition

- Representations of Music

- Score-informed Transcription

- Structural Segmentation of Music

- Symbolic Music Processing

- Synchronization of Score, MIDI, and Audio

- XML for Music Applications

Important dates

- Abstract submission: November 25, 2018

- Full-paper submission: December 02, 2018

- Notification to authors: December 23, 2018

- Camera-ready submission: January 11, 2019