[MEI-L] MEI Autumn Working Meeting in Oxford

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at mail.mcgill.ca
Fri Jul 6 10:22:15 CEST 2018

Hello all,

The MEI Technical Group is pleased to announce that we will be having an MEI Working Meeting, October 30–November 2, at the University of Oxford, co-hosted by the Oxford e-Research Centre and the Bodleian Libraries.

As mentioned at this year's Music Encoding Conference, the goal of this meeting is to bring people together to build and develop tools and resources that support the larger MEI community. To this end, it will be less formal than our 'traditional' conference. It will be structured in such a way to promote co-operative and collaborative development of the tools that support our community -- a "Hack Week" for MEI, if you will.

Some possible topics include:

- Development of MEI Tutorial Material
- Improvements to the MEI Guidelines and the MEI Website
- A better automated schema testing system
- Improvements to, and bug-fixes for, Verovio
- Improvements to the updating process and tools for MEI 3 to (the forthcoming) MEI 4.
- Improvements to MEI editors (e.g., the oXygen or Atom plugins)
- Improvements to the Sibelius MEI plugin

This is by no means an exhaustive list, and suggestions from the community and participants are welcome!

While you *do not* have to be a programmer to participate (Documentation improvements and training material is very high on our list of priorities!) you will need to provide your own computer.

There will be no registration cost to attend this meeting, but registration will be required so we can plan for space. More details will be coming shortly on how to register. Also, if you are sure you are coming, it would be wise to secure accommodation sooner rather than later, as Oxford can fill up quite quickly.

We look forward to seeing you in Oxford! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Andrew Hankinson
Kevin Page
David Lewis

Local organizers