[MEI-L] A WordPress plugin for displaying very easily a MEI (or MusicXML or PAE) score in a WordPress page

Etienne Fréjaville efreja at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jun 24 00:31:43 CEST 2018

Dear MEI community,

I'm happy to inform you that I have published a WordPress plugin allowing to
display very easily a MEI (or MusicXML or PAE) score in a WordPress page.

Do you own a WordPress site and publish frequently music fragments, incipits
or small music sheets ?

This plugin is done for you… and it's free!!

It allows you by writing directly your MEI, MusicXML or PAE code between two
shortcode tags [pn_msv] and [/pn_msv] in the text of a WordPress page or
post, to have it rendered directly in your page.

Is the code too big to be placed directly in our page ? Upload a file on
your site and have it rendered the same way.

The plugin is powered by Verovio for the score rendering, and generates for
you the cumbersome JavaScript code necessary to invoke Verovio JavaScript
toolkit with the appropriate parameters.

Moreover, it facilitates greatly the display in the appropriate size of your
score, without having to specify any score dimensioning.

Even if all Verovio options are not accessible on the shortcode (this is not
the goal, the use must be simplified at the maximum), some options are
allowed on the plugin and are fully described at
http://www.partitionnumerique.com/music-sheet-viewer-wordpress-plugin/

The plugin is freely available in the WordPress plugins directory
https://wordpress.org/plugins/music-sheet-viewer/  or can be installed
directly from your WordPress site by going to the plugin’s administration
page and entering « Music Sheet Viewer » in the plugin’s search field.

At last, all donations are welcome for supporting my work.

All the best.

Etienne Fréjaville
 http://www.partitionnumerique.com
L'avenir de la partition musicale