[MEI-L] MEI Board elections 2017: Call for candidates
Benjamin W. Bohl
bohl at edirom.de
Thu Oct 26 11:19:56 CEST 2017
tl;dr: for nominations to the MEI Board go to https://goo.gl/VKgYW9
Dear MEI Community,
on 31 December 2017 the terms of three MEI Board members will come to an end. The entire Board wishes to thank Giuliano Di Bacco (Jacobs School of Music, Indiana University, Bloomington), Laurent Pugin (Swiss RISM Project, Bern), and Kristina Richts (Musikwissenschaftliches Seminar Detmold/Paderborn) for their dedication to the MEI community.
In order to fill these soon-to-be-vacant positions, elections must be held. The election process will take place in accordance with the Music Encoding Initiative By-Laws.
Nomination phase (26 October - 23 November, 2017)
- Nominations can be sent by filling in the form at https://goo.gl/VKgYW9 between 26 October - 23 November, 2017.
- Any person who subscribes to MEI-L has the right to nominate candidates.
- Nominees have to be members of the MEI-L mailing list but may register until 7 December 2017.
- Individuals who have previously served on the Board are eligible for re-appointment.
- Self nominations are welcome.
- Individuals will be informed of their nomination and asked to confirm their willingness to serve on the Board.
- Acceptance of a nomination requires submission of a short CV and a personal statement of interest in MEI (a maximum of 200 words each) to elections at music-encoding.org by 6 December 2017.
Election phase (7 December - 21 December 2017)
- The voting period will be open from December 7 - December 21, 2017.
- The election will take place using OpaVote and the Ranked Choice Voting method (https://www.opavote.com/methods/ranked-choice-voting).
- You will be informed about the election and your individual voting tokens in a separate e-mail.
Post election phase
- Election results will be announced after the elections have closed.
- The term of the elected candidates starts on 1 January 2018.
- The constituting meeting of the new MEI Board will be held on Monday, 15 January 2018.
The selection of Board members is an opportunity for each of you to have a voice in determining the future of MEI. Keep MEI open!
Peter Stadler and Benjamin W. Bohl
MEI election administrators 2017
by appointment of the MEI-Board
 The By-laws of the Music Encoding Initiative are available online at: http://music-encoding.org/community/mei-organization/mei-by-laws/
 All dates are supposed to be 23:59 UTC.
More information about the mei-l