[MEI-L] Job Opportunity: Bodleian Libraries, University of Oxford

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Aug 2 14:03:26 CEST 2017

Hi all,

We have an exciting job opening at the Bodleian that some members of this community may be interested in. This person will be working primarily with our TEI catalogues, with (possibly) some MEI in the pipeline. Please note that we're especially interested in hearing from people with a Digital Humanities background.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

-Andrew

---

Software Engineer (XML-based Technologies)

Grade 7: £31,076 - £38,183 p.a.

We are now seeking a talented XML-focused Software Engineer to work on a varied portfolio of projects led by BDLSS. Based in the BDLSS Digital Research team, you will work with a team of developers, project managers, and archivists on a number of key projects to enhance access and discoverability for the Bodleian's world-class special collections. You will initially focus on developing and implementing new technical solutions for post-medieval archival materials and will participate in the scoping and planning of future work in this area.

You will have a degree in a relevant technical field, or equivalent experience with structured text processing. You will also have a strong background in XML technologies, a collaborative approach to technical development, and an interest in and commitment to making the Bodleian's collections more widely available to students, researchers and the general public. A background in Digital Humanities or experience in working with EAD and TEI metadata environments is desirable.

Your role will include developing and helping maintain the Bodleian’s growing collections of archives and manuscripts metadata, especially its XML-based catalogues, migrating XML-based catalogue records into new tools and contributing to establishing cataloguing workflows. You will also participate in related user and development communities and in training staff and act as a resource for technical questions and forward planning.

Full Posting:
https://www.recruit.ox.ac.uk/pls/hrisliverecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.display_form

Application Deadline:
12.00 midday on Friday 1 September 2017