[MEI-L] Thanks to Tours / Upcoming MEC venues

Johannes Kepper kepper at edirom.de
Mon May 29 15:18:50 CEST 2017

Dear MEI Community,

before anything else, I'd like to repeat my thanks to the wonderful team from CESR, who organised a wonderful Music Encoding Conference in Tours earlier this month. Also, we've seen an inspiring program compiled by Richard Chesser and the rest of the program committee. In case you haven't made it their, you've definitely missed a great meeting.

Speaking of great meetings, I'm delighted to announce the venues for MEC2018 and MEC2019. I know it has been circulated via Twitter, but I believe (or hope?) that I'm not the only one "from the past" who isn't following that channel.

MEC2018 will be hosted at MITH in the week of May 21 next year. Local organisation will be led by Raff Viglianti, and Karen Desmond will serve as Program Chair.
MEC2019 will be held from May 29 to June 1 2019 in Vienna, organised by Robert Klugseder.

We're looking forward to two more iterations of the Music Encoding Conference :-)

All best,
Johannes