[MEI-L] Encoding <graphic> as part of multipage file

Urs Liska ul at openlilylib.org
Wed May 10 00:44:14 CEST 2017

Hi Johannes,

thanks for the explanation.

Am 09.05.2017 um 23:16 schrieb Johannes Kepper:
> Hi Urs,
>
> you should have a separate <surface> for each page in the PDF.

This was clear from the description.

> Then, each <surface> holds a <graphic> of its own, which in turn has a @target reference to the corresponding PDF page.

This too.

> According to Adobe, the right way to point at a specific PDF page is like so:
>
> <A HREF="http://www.example.com/myfile.pdf#page=4">
>
> Following their lead, this means you have to append an "#page=NUMBER" at the end of the reference to the PDF file.

This not. So thanks.

Would this be the same for multi-page TIFF files (don't need this
currently, but just for completeness)?
And wouldn't it be good to have the option mentioned in the Guidelines?
As I read the section for the first time I was led to believe one
couldn't use multi-page images.

Urs

ul at openlilylib.org
https://openlilylib.org