[MEI-L] Do we have to call it "MEI Go!"?

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at mail.mcgill.ca
Wed Mar 22 16:22:47 CET 2017

The last thing I would want to do is shut down a constructive conversation, but I believe thread has drifted into bikeshed* territory. I also don't think we'll resolve it over e-mail; at least not in this way.

As far as I'm concerned, MEI Go! has been a code-name that was suggested at last year's unconference meeting. It is, and has been, just a way of referring to a simpler version of MEI intended for wider adoption, and isn't a 'fait accompli'. Suggestions and critique are welcome, but rattling off messages with no attempt at organizing them and seeking consensus on a single name isn't really going to result in anything better.

So perhaps someone with an interest in helping our community choose a great name can compile a list of the suggestions that have been made, and/or set up a Doodle poll link with write-in space for suggestions? That would save a lot of time and energy (and inbox space).

Thanks,
-Andrew

* https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/faq/misc.html#idp60567400