[MEI-L] Do we have to call it "MEI Go!"?

Byrd, Donald A. donbyrd at indiana.edu
Mon Mar 20 20:03:47 CET 2017

I think the name "MEI Go!" is pretty dumb. Just "Go" wouldn't be great -- it's way overused, and doesn't at all suggest that it's a stripped-down version -- and putting an exclamation point at the end of a name always looks to me like an attempt to create excitement about something that may be worthwhile but definitely _not_ exciting. What's wrong with "MEI Lite" or "MEI Basic"?

--Don

---
Donald Byrd
Woodrow Wilson Indiana Teaching Fellow
Adjunct Associate Professor of Informatics
Visiting Scientist, Research Technologies
Indiana University Bloomington