[MEI-L] Problem: Encoding omissions

Agnes Seipelt aseipelt at mail.uni-paderborn.de
Thu Feb 9 17:34:36 CET 2017

Dear Rolf,

Maybe someone has another solution?

Greets,

Agnes

Von: mei-l <mei-l-bounces at lists.uni-paderborn.de> im Auftrag von Rolf Wissmann <Rolf.Wissmann at gmx.net>
Antworten an: Music Encoding Initiative <mei-l at lists.uni-paderborn.de>
Datum: Donnerstag, 9. Februar 2017 um 17:20
An: <mei-l at lists.uni-paderborn.de>
Betreff: [MEI-L] Problem: Encoding omissions

Dear MEI-L:isteners,

can anyone help me how to encode an editorial decision to omit a slur which is present in the source?

I have some proposals, but I'm not satisfied with anyone.

1.) This version doesn't fit because it's too strong to say that this slur is a mistake. I only would like to say

that it makes no sense in the musical context.

<choice>
            <sic>
                <slur/>
            </sic>
            <corr resp="#RW" evidence="conjecture" />

</choice>

2.) This version doesn't fit because it's my proposal to omit the slur and it's not based on a source.

<app>
            <lem resp="#RW" reason="Previous measures without slur"/>
            <rdg resp="#source" >
                <slur/>
            </rdg>

</app>

If I understand the Guidelines in a right way, than it's not possible to use the <del> element in this case because it's

not a part of the source material.

I couldn't find a equivalent to the element <supplied>.

I hope, someone can help me.

Best regards,

Rolf Wissmann