[MEI-L] Sample encoding of mensural notation

Martha Thomae thomaemartha at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 09:35:42 CET 2017

Ups! Sorry for that last part. It is not a Verovio problem. I just realize
that in your <mensur> elements you have @tempus="2" (which means that a
breve = 2 semibreves) and @prolatio="2" (which means a semibreve = 2
minimas), but you haven't stablished the relationship between the longa and
the breve. To do this you should use @modusminor. As you want the longa = 2
breves, you should use @modusminor="2". If you don't specify this value,
Verovio will assume it is "3". That is why your longa was assumed to be
equal to 3 breves, you can clearly see this at the beginning of the tenor,
where the longa rest occupies the same space as 3 breves in the other
voices.

--
*Martha E. Thomae*