[MEI-L] Key or signature change at the end of the line

Byrd, Donald A. donbyrd at indiana.edu
Tue Jun 7 23:08:30 CEST 2016

In virtually all _published_ music, if there's a key or time signature change at the beginning of a system, it's also shown at the end of the previous system. I can't think of any exceptions. Well, possibly in marching band music, where there's generally not even a clef at the beginning of the line. But of course manuscripts may not follow the rules!, so maybe there should be such an attribute.

--Don