[MEI-L] R.I.P Sebastian Rahtz, 13 February 1955 - 15 March 2016

Roland, Perry D. (pdr4h) pdr4h at eservices.virginia.edu
Fri Mar 18 14:30:04 CET 2016

>From the TEI mailing list --

Date:    Thu, 17 Mar 2016 23:38:16 +0000

From:    James Cummings <James.Cummings at IT.OX.AC.UK<mailto:James.Cummings at IT.OX.AC.UK>>

Subject: R.I.P Sebastian Rahtz, 13 February 1955 - 15 March 2016

Some of you have already heard, but it is with great sadness that I tell you that our friend and colleague Sebastian Rahtz passed away on the 15 March 2016. He discovered last autumn that he had late-stage brain cancer and shortly thereafter retired to spend his remaining time with his family. Our thoughts are with his wife Leonor, two daughters, and other family.  There will be a ceremony for Sebastian on the 24th March at 13:45 at the Oxford Crematorium, Bayswater Rd, Oxford OX3 9RZ.  It will be mostly for family but anyone is welcome.They would like to invite anyone else for a memorial on the 24th March at 15:00pm at the Friends Meeting House, 42 St Giles, Oxford OX1 3LW. They invite you to share this with anyone who may be interested.

Donations in Sebastian's memory may be made to Sobell House Hospice (http://www.sobellhouse.org/) or Macmillan Cancer Care (http://www.macmillan.org.uk/), or care of The Individual Funeral Company, 86 Rose Hill, Oxford, OX4 4HX.

I have set up a book of condolences at

http://goo.gl/forms/BjJRBOQho3 and a google photos shared album at https://goo.gl/photos/gK8gsXZ3tVoTuG5w9 (which you can join and add your own photos). These will be provided to his family at a later date.

-James

--

Dr James Cummings, James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk<mailto:James.Cummings at it.ox.ac.uk> Academic IT Services, University of Oxford