[MEI-L] dots on chords and rests

Kőmíves Zoltán zolaemil at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 12:21:18 CEST 2015

Hi Jo,

I am thinking that this is one of the situations when relying on redundancy
is a good thing - if you can. You could rely on the @dots attribute for
determining the duration of chords, while relying on the element for visual
representation - provided you have any means to ensure that the attribute
and the element are used consistently.

Of course redundancy is a double-edged sword (e.g. it could cause
complications if you want to make changes to a redundant model), but
perhaps something to consider?

Best
Zoltan