[MEI-L] W3C on music encoding

Johannes Kepper kepper at edirom.de
Sat Sep 19 13:46:16 CEST 2015

Hi all,

the W3C Music Notation Community Group (https://www.w3.org/community/music-notation/), which has been convened by both MusicXML and SMuFL, is starting to work on the successor of MusicXML 3.0. Interestingly enough, the first response to their initial post on the mailing list was suggesting to base on MEI instead of MusicXML (see the archives at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-music-notation-contrib/). In case you're interested in the relation of MusicXML and MEI, or music encoding in general, I highly recommend to subscribe to this group and join the discussion there. I'll try to post summaries of the MEI-related discussions there to MEI-L every now and then.

Best,
Johannes