[MEI-L] MEI and Libraries

Vaughan Hennen vhennen at umail.iu.edu
Fri Apr 17 06:56:33 CEST 2015

Hello all,

This is my first time posting on the list-serv.

My name is Vaughan Hennen - I am pursuing a dual masters degree in Library
Science and Information Science from Indiana University Bloomington.  My
bachelors degree is from the University of North Texas in cello
performance.

The project that I am presenting, is about MEI and its application in
today's music libraries.

I have done reading on what MEI is and how it is applicable in music
libraries, but I am still not clear on its use in music libraries.

Would any of you offer some insight about how music libraries use MEI
metadata or how the extensible language adds to the library?

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

-Vaughan Hennen