[MEI-L] <instrumentation> within <source>?

Klaus Rettinghaus klaus.rettinghaus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 15:57:46 CEST 2015

Hi Axel,

I brooded over this for some time now, and I'm still unable to see the
necessity for allowing <perfMedium> in <source>, neither for edition nor
cataloging purposes.
Whereas a repeated <instrumentation> within an expression seems to make
sense.
In some cases a single source could carry different expressions of a work
by means of instrumentation. Encoding this within <source> may be a
problem, using @source on <instrumentaion> in different <expression> would
be clearer.
Thinking about piano reductions could be quite puzzling. We should think
this over in Florence as you suggested.

Best,
Klaus