[MEI-L] Closed/Plus encoding symbol

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Feb 26 21:44:51 CET 2015

Thanks, Craig. The trick is that this is coming out of Sibelius so I don't really have the luxury of encoding it semantically -- I just need to indicate the most likely semantics, since it may be "overloaded" in some contexts by people who just want the symbol, not the meaning.

"Stop" looks good to me, though -- and you're backed up by Wikipedia on this.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_musical_symbols#Articulation_marks <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_musical_symbols#Articulation_marks>

Thanks!

-Andrew