[MEI-L] slur and @curvedir

Byrd, Donald A. donbyrd at indiana.edu
Sun Feb 15 12:45:45 CET 2015

Offhand, Perry, I think that's the general idea of what Laurent was suggesting, if not the details. (Though he might disagree:-) .) And I think this kind of representation is worthwhile, not just because you can do it with a text editor, but also because it's more abstract than Bezier control points -- and that's desirable because, for one thing, Bezier curves aren't the only way of drawing nice smooth slur-like curves!

One thing, though. The horizontal-position numbers on the lower illustration are all 15's. Surely you meant 15, 45, 75, 90!?

--Don

I can’t be certain, but I think the attached (really, REALLY crude) illustration depicts what Laurent was getting at.  Forgive me if I’ve gotten it wrong.