[MEI-L] slur and @curvedir

Raffaele Viglianti raffaeleviglianti at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 15:29:07 CET 2015

Hi all,

I find Perry's explanation really helpful and interesting, particularly
concerning the the sharing of responsibilities between the encoder and the
renderer. Encoding @bezier before rendering locks the encoding into only
one possible rendering, which is not great for the reflowing that a truly
dynamic score should allow. Unless the aim of the encoder is to
represent/document the curvature of one specific written source, which is a
totally legitimate approach (and might be what Benni is after?).

Having two slurs and joining them, instead, seems conceptually wrong to me:
there is only one slur and no real XML overlapping (or other limitation)
that would justify, arguably, splitting the element in two.

Raff