[MEI-L] Recordings and FRBR

Benjamin Wolff Bohl bohl at edirom.de
Mon Oct 13 13:52:04 CEST 2014

Dear MEI-L:isteners,

I'm currently encoding metadata for the Freischütz recording that we
issued in our project. Trying to fit all the data into the FRBR-concept
we decided to encode the Performance that was recorded as "Expression"
while the recording itself / the (not yet) published audio files (the
"publication") should be described as "Manifestation" (If there'd ever
be a CD this would be an "Item").
Now I'm wondering a couple of things:
- the Manifestation clearly will include metadata on the editing and
mixing engineers but should information about the recording engineers be
included in the Expression or the Manifestation?
- The recording will be published non physical on our website; can this
be properly grasped as "Item" in the FRBR model or is it to be regarded
as part of the "Manifestation"?

Many thanks for your thoughts and shared experience!

Best wishes,
Benjamin

Musikwissenschaftliches Seminar Detmold/Paderborn
BMBF-Projekt "Freischütz Digital"
Benjamin Wolff Bohl
Gartenstraße 20
D–32756 Detmold