[MEI-L] Github considerations

Andrew Hankinson andrew.hankinson at mail.mcgill.ca
Thu Jul 3 16:47:07 CEST 2014

Hi Urs,

Thanks for your thoughts! We’re still discussing the Github move among the technical team, but it’s helpful hearing from the wider community.

Issues of terms of services for free content is always tricky. Currently we’re using the Google Code service, and, being ignorant of their own stance, I just looked them up. They have a similar restriction to being able to close their services willy nilly. I guess that’s the cost of “free.”

-Andrew