[MEI-L] Corrected version of Maple Leaf Rag MEI example

Adrian Holovaty adrian at holovaty.com
Thu May 22 03:43:24 CEST 2014

Hi there,

I mentioned this to a few people at the Music Encoding Conference today and
wanted to send an email about it before I forgot...

The MEI encoding of "Maple Leaf Rag" from
http://music-encoding.org/documentation/samples has some bad musical data
in it. I spent way too much time trying to figure out whether it was a bug
in my reader. :-)

I've attached a corrected version. Basically the first few bars had extra
notes tacked on the end.

More broadly, would there be any interest in hosting these samples on
GitHub, so that people could add to the list and fix any errors? I'd be
happy to help set that up -- just let me know. I'll be at the conference on
Thursday.

Cheers,
Adrian

--