[MEI-L] MEI organization

Johannes Kepper kepper at edirom.de
Tue May 6 21:18:40 CEST 2014

Dear all,

thanks to those that did respond to the strategy group's proposals. For those who didn't – it's not too late, please give some feedback and help us to shape the future MEI. You can find the document with the proposals at

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IBvbKFM1fo4lwyFnIYnneUhfwTj4DLrAmtCSUfqzeQs/edit?usp=sharing

Since we're approaching the conference, I'd like to ask some questions.

- All proposals don't make a statement about the current MEI Council. Was this an intentional decision? If I remember correctly, there was some concern about this group last year. I know that it won't be easy to find a solution for this one, but I think we should address it in one way or the other…

- At first glance, it seems that the first proposal triggered most feedback. Would it be a correct observation that most in the community prefer this over the other two _in principle_, but still would like to clarify some details about it? Please don't get me wrong – I don't want to get rid of the other two proposals, I just want to get a sense of where we are drifting. If you think my impression is wrong (which is perfectly possible), please disagree – either here on MEI-L or in the document linked above. If you like the other proposals (or aspects of them), please speak up – the sooner the better. Please remember that the google document gives the possibility of anonymous feedback, if you prefer.

Thanks again for your interest and participation.
Best,
Johannes

Dateiname   : signature.asc
Dateityp    : application/pgp-signature
Dateigr??e  : 496 bytes
Beschreibung: Message signed with OpenPGP using GPGMail
URL         : <http://lists.uni-paderborn.de/pipermail/mei-l/attachments/20140506/ae7f857a/attachment.sig>