[MEI-L] Proposals MEI Strategy Development Group

Benjamin Wolff Bohl bohl at edirom.de
Wed Apr 2 15:13:30 CEST 2014

Dear MEI-L,

after Music Encoding Conference 2013 MEI Strategy Development Group
(MEI-Strat) was formed in order to elaborate proposals for future
organization of MEI community. During the past months we have been
working in order to start discussion on potential future forms of
organizing MEI community.

Now with the Music Encoding Conference 2014 being just around the corner
it seems appropriate to start discussion on this subject matter, as we
hope to distil a common community consensus on what might be new and
openly communicated structures of MEI. Furthermore we intend to prepare
presenations and a basis for further discussion for this year's
conference (May 20-23 in Charlottesville, VA).

==A short disclaimer==
Please be aware that anything in the proposal is indicative and subject
to discussion, be it the individual proposals in general, or specific
details, e.g. the length of terms for elected members.

==Words of thank==
We thank the MEI community for the possibility to work on this subject
matter, and for the confidence in our group!
I personally like to thank all collaborators for their time, effort and
good thoughts all of which were provided on expense of their private
free time!

==The Discussion==
The document containing our proposals is openly available online via
google-Drive (no login required). Although modification of the text is
not possible comments may be inserted by anyone with the link. Feel free
to provide your identity when commenting or just submit anonymously.
Of course it is not intended to discuss all raised topics in the
document. A lively discussion on MEI-L would be warmly welcome so bring
anything of interest to discussion there!

==The Document==
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1IBvbKFM1fo4lwyFnIYnneUhfwTj4DLrAmtCSUfqzeQs/edit?usp=sharing

With many thanks to all collaborators,
for the MEI Strategy Development Group,
Benajmin W. Bohl
- Keeper

Musikwissenschaftliches Seminar Detmold/Paderborn
BMBF-Projekt "Freischütz Digital"
Benjamin Wolff Bohl
Gartenstraße 20
D–32756 Detmold