[MEI-L] New version of MEI Score Editor

Nikolaos Beer nikolaos.beer at uni-paderborn.de
Mon Mar 24 17:22:28 CET 2014

Dear list members,

I am pleased to announce a new version of MEI Score Editor (MEISE) on sourceforge for OS X and Windows: https://sourceforge.net/projects/meise/

Some notes on this version:
- exclusive support for MEI 2013
- basic improvements of note rendering capabilities (e.g. clefs, key signatures and notes with respect to (given) clef lines, new glyphs for articulation signs)
- processing and rendering of nested section and ending elements
- drawing and allocation of elements with respect to linked IDs (e.g. fermata, dynamic signs, ties, slurs)
- drawing notes in chords with respect to durations
- harmonization of note rendering and user interface between the Mac and the Windows version
- stability improvements when editing element attributes
- preparation for the rendering of octave clefs and grace notes (attributes can be edited within the Properties View)

Known problems:
- endings without number brackets
- some incorrect positioned articulation signs in the Windows version
- incorrect synchronization of note rendering in time between staves

Documentation:
You can find installation instructions and the program documentation in the project's wiki space on sourceforge: https://sourceforge.net/p/meise/wiki/Home/
If you are interested in Use Case and Workflow Descriptions you are invited to the (english) MEISE pages at the DARIAH-DE web portal: https://de.dariah.eu/mei-score-editor.

Future perspectives:
Starting this March, the development of MEISE will be funded for two more years within the second funding phase of DARIAH-DE, which is the German part of the EU eHumanities research project Digital Research Infrastructure for the Arts and Humanities. It is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (http://de.dariah.eu or http://www.dariah.eu).

The development of MEISE is part of DARIAH-DE Cluster 6: Scholarly Annotations – Services and Applications. We are looking forward to presenting our plans for MEISE at the MEC 2014 in Charlottesville in May.

I want to thank Daniel Röwenstrunk for many hints with the MEISE source code and Maja Hartwig for preparing the documentation.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Best regards
Niko Beer

___________________________________

Nikolaos Beer M.A.

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter
BMBF-Projekt „DARIAH-DE“
und Verbundstelle Musikedition

Universität Paderborn
Musikwissenschaftliches Seminar Detmold/Paderborn
Gartenstraße 20
D-32756 Detmold

Fon:		+49 - (0)5231 - 975 - 669
@:		nikolaos.beer at uni-paderborn.de