[MEI-L] save the date – Music Encoding Conference 2014

Johannes Kepper kepper at edirom.de
Thu Oct 31 09:44:49 CET 2013

Dear all,

I'm happy to let you know that things are moving forward quickly, and we'll be able to host a successing Music Encoding Conference at UVA in Charlottesville. Perry and I are proud and grateful to say that Giuliano Di Bacco is chairing the Program Committee. While we're still resolving some organizational issues, we wanted to give the MEI community a head start by giving you the most important dates by now, whereas the official call for papers will be announced early next week. The schedule will be tight (again…), so prepare yourself and save the date(s). All organizational details will follow with the official call, which will go out to other listservs as well (please don't forward this mail yet, since some have specific rules on repeated submissions, like AMS – we'll let you know when to start advertising this publicly).

Here are the dates important at this point:

The conference will be held from on 21-23 May 2014 in Charlottesville, with pre-conference workshops on 20 May.
Submission deadline will be by the end of the year.
Notification of acceptance will be early February.

---

We're looking forward to an inspiring conference and meeting with all of you in Charlottesville,
Giuliano, Perry and Johannes