[MEI-L] Two fully-funded PhD studentships in machine modelling of musical learning and creativity

David Meredith dave at titanmusic.com
Wed Aug 21 15:28:27 CEST 2013

Dear MEI list members,

I am looking for two students to work with me on their PhDs in the area of
machine modelling of musical learning and creativity. The two studentships
will be fully funded by a new EU project called "Learning to Create"
(Lrn2Cre8). The focus of this project is on the design, implementation and
evaluation of systems that learn from examples to compose new music that
either successfully simulates an existing musical style or extends an
existing style. The two successful candidates will be employed as PhD
students within the Department of Architecture, Design and Media
Technology at Aalborg University in Denmark. The students will be expected
to start 1 October 2014 or as soon as possible thereafter.

Further details can be found here:

http://www.stillinger.aau.dk/vis-stilling/?vacancy=596594

Please contact me to discuss the position informally before making an
application.

Note that the deadline for application is 23 September 2014.

Kind regards
David Meredith