[MEI-L] File extensions

Raffaele Viglianti raffaeleviglianti at gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 18:27:05 CEST 2013

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Andrew Hankinson <
andrew.hankinson at mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> application/vnd.mei+xml .xml -> Mapping .xml to the MEI mime type seems
> like a big problem.
>
> application/vnd.mei+xml .mei -> Seems like the best solution, yes?

As far as I know mimetype is orthogonal to file extension, so even if we
secure a mimetype application/mei+xml it won't matter if your file has .xml
or .mei extension.

I personally don't see an issue with file extension at all. What's the
problem with using either .mei or .xml? In a web context all that matters
is the mimetype, in a OS context, using .xml is generally going to make
things easier, but it's not eventually not a big deal.

Raf