[MEI-L] [Announcement] Edirom-Summer-School 2013

Benjamin Wolff Bohl bohl at edirom.de
Fri Jul 12 16:06:06 CEST 2013

**if you have received this message through other menas already, please
excuse cross posting.**

Dear colleagues,

let me inform you about Edirom-Summer-School 2013 taking place *23 to 27
September 2013* at Heinz-Nixdorf-Institute of the University of
Paderborn, Germany,  dedicated to the field of *digital text- and music
edition *and offering a total of *13 distinct courses*.

This year Musicology Seminar Detmold/Paderborn
<http://muwi-detmold-paderborn.de/index.php?id=1&L=1> (University of
Paderborn and Hochschule für Musik Detmold) is organising
Edirom-Summer-School with the BMBF-funded project DARIAH-DE
<https://portal-de.dariah.eu/>. Morover, the program is enriched by
courses from TextGrid <http://www.textgrid.de/en/>, Herzog August
Bibliothek Wolfenbüttel <http://www.hab.de/en/home.html>, Technische
Universität Darmstadt <http://www.digitalhumanities.tu-darmstadt.de/>
(DH), and the Danish Centre for Music Publication
<http://www.kb.dk/en/kb/nb/mta/dcm/> in Copenhagen.

The scope of course reaches from basic introductions to the markup
standards of the Text Encoding Initiative (TEI) and the Music Encoding
Initiative (MEI), across working with respective software tools for
editor or library purposes (TextGrid, Edirom, MerMEId), up to
practice-oriented courses dealing with more advanced features of
encoding manuscripts with TEI and/or MEI. The *"Edirom-User-Forum"* will
give opportunity of exchange between current and (potential) future
users of the Edirom Tools.

This year, for the first time, we offer *individual **research counsel
sessions on "Digital Music Edition"*. Those interested, be it projects
or individual scientists, can apply for a time slot with one of our
staff members by submitting a short exposé.

The complete program and further information on registration can be
found on our new website http://ess.uni-paderborn.de.
Registration deadline is *30 A**ugust*.

Sincerely,
Benjamin W. Bohl

Musikwissenschaftliches Seminar Detmold/Paderborn
BMBF-Projekt "Freischütz Digital"
Benjamin Wolff Bohl
Gartenstraße 20
D--32756 Detmold