[MEI-L] Conventional encoding of suggested accidentals (ficta)?

Raffaele Viglianti raffaeleviglianti at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 20:57:01 CEST 2013

Even if you might keep supplid/@reason to encode a taxonomy of editorial
additions, I would still use @func="edit" on <accid> like Craig suggested.

About supplied v add:

"The <add> and <del> elements may be used to record where material has been
added or deleted in the source material." (i.e. not provided/removed by the
editor)
http://music-encoding.org/documentation/guidelines2013/editTrans#edittransAddDel

Supplied "Contains material supplied by the transcriber or editor in place
of text which cannot be read, either because of physical damage or loss in
the original or because it is illegible for any reason."
http://music-encoding.org/documentation/guidelines2013/supplied

Raffaele