[MEI-L] How to encode choices...?

Johannes Kepper kepper at edirom.de
Thu Jun 13 21:13:12 CEST 2013

Dear Axel,

this is an interesting problem. I'm sure there are better answers around, but here's a first take from me.

I would probably encode every card as a separate section (or even mdiv), and then use an <app> / <rdg> structure referring to these to encode a virtual "walkthrough". Given you know that eleven cards should be played, it would look like so:

<app label="firstCard">
	<rdg target="#card1/>
	<rdg target="#card2/>
	…
	<rdg target="#card22/>
</app>
<app label="secondCard">
	<rdg target="#card1/>
	<rdg target="#card2/>
	…
	<rdg target="#card22/>
</app>
…
<app label="eleventhCard">
	<rdg target="#card1/>
	<rdg target="#card2/>
	…
	<rdg target="#card22/>
</app>

I'm not fully convinced of this approach, as it relies on the interpretation of the cards as different texts, but it should work nicely with an application doing the actual selections in each <app>.

Other interpretations?

Best,
johannes