[MEI-L] CfP MEI Strategy Development Group

Benjamin Wolff Bohl bohl at edirom.de
Wed Jun 12 18:05:46 CEST 2013

Dear Peter,
thanks for your concerns regarding a separate list for the Structure
Development Group.
Of course, discussion of the Structure Development Group should be as
open and transparent as possible!

My first (1) thoughts for a separate mailinglist were that it would make
it easier to keep together the discussion of the group; second (2),
being appointed with the task of making up a couple of possible models
for community organisation I think it is easier to have the possibility
to develop these models to a certain degree, before prensenting them for
public discussion.
Third (3) this mailinglist would provide everybody with the possibility
to directly address the whole Structure Development Group and fourth
(4), being most important, avoid mails between group members to end in
personal mail accounts, later forgotten and unavailable to the public by
providing an archive of the mailinglist.
My idea with this was to have only those wiling to participate in the
group's work as members of the list but allow (moderated) input from
anybody.
Of course this would mean, an open list archive and regular reports to
MEI-L on behalf of the Structure Development Group; and, of course, open
discussion and (as I could imagine) surveys on MEI-L in order to grasp
"waht does MEI want?"

But for now I can calm everyone: nothing has been mingled on dark
secluded mailinlists ;-)
In fact, while making up a preliminary agenda for MEI-Struct during the
past few days, a couple of mails reached me, concerning the groups work.
>From the fact that these reached me by means of personal mail accounts
(not over MEI-L) tells me, that there might be an interest in forwarding
ideas and fist thoughts on a personal basis first!

I'd be happy to hear other opinions on the above? (Especially from
contributors to the new Structure Development Group!)

Now to give a short report on current status:
I'm happy to announce that two additional community members have joined
the Structure Development Group:
David Meredith, and
Giuliano Di Bacco

Best wishes,
Benjamin

Musikwissenschaftliches Seminar Detmold/Paderborn
BMBF-Projekt "Freischütz Digital"
Benjamin Wolff Bohl
Gartenstraße 20
D–32756 Detmold