[MEI-L] Music encoding conference

Johannes Kepper kepper at edirom.de
Sat Dec 22 14:57:23 CET 2012

Hi Axel,

the issue is that ConfTool itself asks for an abstract by default, and without the possibility to turn that of. In the case of this conference, this ConfTool abstract is supposed to be an abstract of the abstract we ask you to provide. Don't worry too much about it (the conftool one). What we need by now, is an abstract describing the poster or paper, which may be no longer than 1000 words.
The template, which we ask you to use for this, is also intended to be used for the final paper, which you will have to provide a couple of weeks _after_ the conference for inclusion in the proceedings. Actually, if you can't make the submission work with the templates, just upload something else, together with a short notice about that. We can work these details out later.

The main problem is that the word abstract is used for two different things. We got the license of Conftool only a couple of days before we announced everything, and our wording for the templates etc. was done by then already. Maybe we should have revised our terminology. Conftool, though being highly configurable, seems to be not changeable in this regard. Sorry for the confusion!

And Axel, if you think you could draft a paper by the end of the year[1], I'm sure that would make a perfect contribution, so please don't hesitate!

Best,
Johannes

[1]: There is a chance that the deadline will be extended a little bit. The final decision on this will be taken directly after christmas. But there is not much room to move, so don't expect much more time.