[MEI-L] physLoc

Johannes Kepper kepper at edirom.de
Fri Dec 7 16:39:24 CET 2012

If I remember correctly, a second-digit change is allowed to break compatibility. Benjamin's report from our last meeting (mail from September 15th) reads:

> The final conclusion was first digit (major changes: e.g. anything that introduces new models / new structures / new version of ODD), second digit (middling changes: more significant, probably breaking [compatibility]) and third digit (minor changes: mostly not breaking [compatibility]) and not restricting this to either specifications or guidelines.

One could argue that the whole release, which will include not only the bibl customization, but also the FRB model, justifies a new first-digit release number. But we had that discussion already, and we decided to call it a 2.1.0 during the tech team meeting. Given the amount of time we already invested, do we really want to re-open that can of worms? I'm not against it, I just want to be sure it's necessary…

Best,
Johannes